Monday, April 5, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen

Maybe its just the fact that I don’t love Jamie Foxx as much as everyone else but I found myself look for excuses to root for Gerard Butler’s character throughout, even though he was about as crazy as a movie character can be and Foxx played a man of justice. I’m pretty sure everyone starts off rooting for Butler…and then he goes and does something real crazy and mangles a couple guys. But because those guys had it coming, most people were still probably in Butler’s corner…and then he goes and kills some more people. But because these people were innocent, I’d be willing to bet this turned the majority of the audience against him. Not me. I found myself saying, “Ehh, sure this dude is bat-shit crazy but I probably would be too if I were in his shoes.” But then he kills some more defenseless people and I found it a lot tougher to make a case validating what he does. It’s predictable but still suspenseful, intensely violent but not too graphic, smart but not convoluted, and Gerard Butler gets back to what he’s good at- FSU (F***ing S*** Up), verdict: $$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment